Saturday, April 23, 2016

Chickpea and Green Tomato (No Added Fat)

I had about a cup and a half of cooked chickpeas from a few days ago that were not quite fully cooked. I put them in my Instant Pot pressure cooker with a little bit of water, maybe 1/4 cup, half of an unripe green tomato cut into 3/8" cubes (about 3/4 cup), and about 1/2 cup of frozen chopped spinach. I cooked for 6 minutes. When I was ready to serve, I carefully let out any remaining pressure, opened the pot, and mixed in a little salt (maybe 1/2 t), turmeric (maybe 1/4 t), and ground cumin (maybe 1/2 t), as well as a teaspoon or so of fresh lime juice. It was good!

I also shredded some cabbage, mixed in chopped olive, freshly ground black pepper, and ume plum vinegar. It was better than I had expected. As a side dish, I served some roasted corn kernels; I started with frozen and put them in a small Saladmaster pan with no water, and cooked on low heat for about 20 minutes, covered. I served the corn with lime juice and salt; my wife and I also got a little jerk seasoning in our servings. All three of us quite enjoyed dinner overall.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home