Saturday, January 23, 2016

Peruvian Giant Bean - Rice - Spinach Soup with Roasted Corn (No Added Fat)

Introductory comments go here. Here is what I did.


Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups Peruvian Giant Lima Beans
  • 3/4 cup brown basmati rice
  • Ample (maybe 3 cups) boiling water
  • 6 cups (3 x 2 1/4 cups = 6 3/4 cups, but it seemed too much, so I used 6 cups) boiling or tap water 
  • Vegan bouillon cube
  • 1 1/2 cups stewed tomatoes
  • 2 cups onion cut into 1/4" cubes
  • 2t chopped basil
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1t lemon or lime juice
  • 1 cup baby spinach leaves
Process
  1. I rinsed the beans and rice then covered with the boiling water for 2 1/2 hours
  2. I rinsed the beans and rice again, added the 6 cups of water and bouillon cube, then cooked in my Instant Pot pressure cooker for 30m.
  3. After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, then mixed in the stewed tomatoes, onion, basil, salt, lemon juice, and spinach
  4. I put the Instant Pot in saute mode, uncovered, for about 5 minutes, then served
I also heated some frozen roasted corn kernels and served with lemon juice and salt.
Results

Pending

Ideas for the future

Pending

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home