Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Seitan and Vegetables atop Quinoa Rotelle (No Added Fat)

My daughter and I picked up some so-sweet and tasty Sungold cherry tomatoes at our local farmer's market today, and my daughter inspired me to make a simple sauteed seitan dish; I thought as well of adding these tomatoes at the end just for a minute or so. As I was working on dinner, I came up with an easier technique - how about simply pressure cooking? Here is what I did.


Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup fire-roasted corn kernels
  • 1 cup bell pepper cut into approx. 1/4" x 1" strips (I used 8 mini bell peppers)
  • 8 ounces of seitan strips
  • 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce - 2m low
  • 3 cloves (or to taste) garlic, finely (approx. 1/8") chopped
  • 1/2 cup onion cut into 3/8" cubes
  • 1/2 t dried oregano
  • (Optional) Up to a tablespoon of pesto per serving
  • Pasta (I used a quinoa rotelle that took 6-9m to cook)
Process
  1. I put the corn, bell pepper, seitan, marinara, and garlic into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked on low pressure for 2 minutes.
  2. After a few minutes, I slowly let out remaining pressure and added the onion and oregano.
  3. In the meantime, I had cooked the pasta.
I served the cooked sauce atop the pasta, and put a dollop of pesto (an easy no added fat version I recently described) on top of each serving. I served some basil microgreens and an interesting lemon cucumber that we only occasionally have found at the farmer's market (luckily, today we found them!).


Results

Pending

Ideas for the future

Pending

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home