Friday, July 10, 2015

Kohlrabi, Beet, and Cauliflower with Smoky Maple Tempeh and Corn-off-the-Cob (No Added Fat)

I had some kohlrabi that I decided to cook. It looks a bit odd but is a healthful vegetable to eat. This is what I did.


Ingredients
  • 1 kohlrabi, peeled with top and bottom removed, and then cut into 3/8" cubes (approx. 2 1/3 cups)
  • Medium beet root (I used golden beet) peeled with top and bottom removed, then cut into 1/4" cubes (approx. 1/2 cup)
  • 10 ounces cauliflower florets (I used one package of frozen mixed cauliflower)
  • 2t finely (1/8" or so) chopped basil
  • 1/2 t (or to taste) salt
  • 1/4 t turmeric
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 cup onion cut into 3/8" cubes
Process
  1. I put all of the ingredients except the onion into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked for 3 minutes on high pressure.
  2. After a few minutes, I slowly let out remaining pressure and served; I was going to add the onion - but forgot!
I also made some corn-off-the-cob with a bit of onion and cooked, with no added oil, some smoky maple tempeh on a cast iron pan.


Results

The main course was good even without the onion. The beet was particularly good. The kohlrabi didn't contribute much flavor to this dish.

Ideas for the future

I should remember the onion! The cauliflower was too soft and clearly needed much less cooking.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home