Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Grilled Nectarines, Harvest Grain Mix with Green Peas (No Added Fat)

Weaver Street Market, a cooperative that we regularly shop at, has the best nectarines that I've had in my life. They're organic and the white-fleshed ones taste like they have had sugar added :-) - but the yellow-fleshed ones are almost as sweet. We've been going through quite a few of them. My daughter had the excellent idea of making a jam, and I thought I'd follow the strawberry jam recipe, using nectarines instead, from last May. My wife picked up three dozen of the nectarines a few days ago and they're almost gone - so we'll have to get more to make jam!

I used 3 or 4 of the nectarines with tonight's dinner. In the past, I've occasionally grilled peaches briefly to enjoy the enhanced flavor. I decided to do that with the nectarines. I grilled them on a Saladmaster skillet, along with some onion. That's how I served to my daughter; I added a little jerk seasoning to my wife and my portions.

I described in January a "harvest grain" mix; I used that simple mix (just add the right amount of water and simmer for 10m), along with peas, to make another dish. Dinner was very good!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home