Monday, May 11, 2015

Hearty Pizza with Potato

I was in a rush tonight to get to the fun weekly PopUp Chorus so decided to use a pizza shell and make pizza. I've occasionally found pizzerias which include potato as a pizza topping, and decided to try it myself.

In sum, I sauteed with no added oil a chopped vegan Field Roast brand sausage, green garlic, and bell pepper, then mixed it in with marinara sauce, tomato paste, chopped basil, and chopped olive. I topped with cooked, sliced Yukon Gold potato (more on that in the last paragraph) and, for part of the pizza (my daughter's part; I had one slice with and one without cheese, and my wife had no cheese), sprinkled on a bit of Daiya brand shredded vegan cheese. I baked for 6 minutes directly on a pizza stone in my preheated oven at 425°F, sliced, and served.

The combination was great! It made for a fast and, though not so whole food and no added fat, reasonably healthy meal.

This was the first time that I tried cooking potato slices in my Instant Pot pressure cooker. All I did was slice washed Yukon Gold potatoes into 3/8" thicknesses, put a bit (maybe 1/8 or 1/4 cup) of water to cover the bottom of the pot, then added the potato and cooked on high pressure for merely 2 minutes. That did it - the potatoes were still a bit firm but cooked, perfect for adding to the pizza and baking.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home