Saturday, February 21, 2015

Waterless Yukon Gold Potato with Bok Choy and Baby Lima Bean, Jade Pearl Rice with Spinach (No Added Fat)

I made a simple waterless dinner tonight. I put into my large Saladmaster stock pan (in this order):
  1. A medium red onion cut into 1/4" half moon slices
  2. 3 large bok choy stalks cut into 3/4" slices
  3. 2 medium carrots cut into 1/2" slices
  4. 5 small Yukon gold potatoes cut into 3/4" cubes
  5. Leafs hand-torn and roughly torn into approx. 3/4" pieces from stems of 4 kale leaves
  6. A cup of frozen baby lima beans
  7. A teaspoon of frozen chopped basil
I covered, brought to medium heat, and waited for the vapor release valve to start vibrating. I then reduced the heat to low and cooked, with no valve vibrating, for at least 20m.

I also made some Jade pearl rice by first sautéing a medium shallot cut into 1/4" thick half moons and about 1/4 cup of bell pepper cut into 1/2" slices in a pan with no oil. Then I added about 1/2 cup of Jade pearl rice and 1 1/2 times (i.e., 3/4 cup) water, plus maybe a dozen spinach leaves and a vegan bouillon cube, and brought to a boil. I simmered, covered, on low heat for 20m.

Dinner was good. I was thinking of making a miso sauce to serve atop the vegetables. The vegetables were good but the sauce would have enhanced them.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home