Saturday, February 28, 2015

Deep Dish Vegan Sausage - Grilled Artichoke Pizza, Sweet Potato Fries, Fennel - Blood Orange Salad with Fleur de Sel (for Kiddo and Daddy)

My wife is traveling for a few days. My daughter wanted pizza tonight, and I had her help me to make what turned out to be a terrific deep dish pizza (I used a frozen deep dish cornmeal shell). I sauteed with no oil some chopped vegan Field Roast brand apple sage sausage, onion, and bell pepper, then mixed in to an eggplant marinara. We spread the marinara and added olive and grilled artichoke hearts, plus some vegan Daiya brand cheese.

I love a fennel - citrus salad with good fleur de sel salt and prepared a version with blood orange for a client last night. My daughter requested it with tonight's dinner, so I got her to help make it. Some prepared frozen waffle-cut sweet potato fries completed our tasty dinner.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home