Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Remade Spaghetti Squash cooked Waterlessly with Sweet Potato, Mekong Flower Rice, Leftover Tempeh and Other Banquet Dishes

We still had a lot of leftovers from our banquet on Sunday, so invited a friend to dine with us. I heated the leftovers, including adding marinara to roasted vegetables as I did two days ago, and made a side to accompany them of organic brown Mekong Flower rice with kale and onion.

I also remade the spaghetti squash dish from earlier in the week by cooking it in a waterless fashion; I put in onion and sweet potato into a large Saladmaster stock pan, then added the leftover spaghetti squash dish. I covered and heated on medium high till the vapor lock started vibrating, then I reduced the heat to low till the lock stopped and cooked for 20-30m (actually longer, but that just kept it warm).

My Dad doesn't eat leftovers, so I waited until our friend arrived to show off how easy and quick it is to cook with the Instant Pot. I quickly chopped some vegetables (sweet potato, kale, onion), put them into the Instant Pot along with 1/4 cup of water, a bit of turmeric, a little salt, 1/2 t of black sesame seed, and a vegan bouillon cube, and cooked for 3m for another dish - it took about 10m from start to finish!

Everything came out well and my friend said he loved the meal. I was pleased with how the spaghetti squash dish didn't stick at all even after a long slow cook, and, as always, loved how tasty the pressure cooked dish was.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home