Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Kiddo's Kale and Tangelo Salad, Tofu Shirataki Noodles with Marinara, Vegan Sausage

My wife ate leftovers on her own early so that she could see a film. I took advantage of not cooking for my wife by using tofu shirataki noodles (my wife has problems digesting tofu and unfermented soy). My daughter had a good idea of having a kale salad with tangerine; we didn't have tangerines in stock, but had Minneola tangelos, and I suggested that she make a salad, perhaps with capers and massaged kale - she agreed but didn't want to have the kale massaged for some reason.

It was nice having my daughter helping with dinner. I made a simple marinara sauce and heated a Field Roast vegan sausage on a cast-iron pan with no added oil. Dinner was good! I thought that my daughter had a clever idea that was nutritious, and she did a good job presenting it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home